LSC Elections are TODAY at CPS elementary schools and TOMORROW at CPS high schools. Polls are open at the schools from 7AM - 7PM. RYH resources for LSC Elections:
- RYH LSC Elections Guide
- In last week’s email we included what we know about LSC Elections
- Slideshow from RYH’s LSC Candidate Meet & Greet
We hope you and your family are healthy and well. Please consider following us on all of our social media channels for daily updates. First, a few things we want to highlight...
- Did you know that your child does not need to be with you to pick up food from a CPS Meal Site? Did you know that a child can pick up food? Did you know that you should receive 3 days of breakfast and lunch for each of your children? Check out our webpage: CPS Grab & Go Meal Sites: Basics + Sites + Delivery Form.
- Find all 10 of our RYH Parent Mantras for Remote Learning (+ a bonus one where you can create your own!) here. Hang in there, folks!
- Check out City Bureau’s Chicago COVID Resource Finder. Please share with families. Text "covid" to 312-436-2280 to access via phone.
- Raise Your Hand has joined the Right to Recovery (R2R) Coalition, which is made up of progressive grassroots organizations and elected officials who believe that our path to recovery must center those most at risk. We are looking for parents who want to be part of the fight and join RYH's Right to Recovery parent leaders. If interested, fill out this form. Thanks to those of you who already signed up!
"Worthwhile" was how a few attendees described last night's CPS School Funding Working Group meeting held at Amundsen HS. These workshops are part of a larger initiative to examine Student Based Budgeting (SBB) with the possibility of changing it for the 2022 school year. Read a recent report on the inequities of SBB here. It will take all of us to challenge the current inequitable CPS SBB funding formula. Please plan to attend one of the 5 remaining meetings:
- Th, Jan 30, 6–8pm, Clark HS, 5101 W. Harrison St
- Sat, Feb 1, 11am–1pm, Corliss HS, 821 E. 103rd St
- Wed, Feb 5, 6–8pm, Hammond ES, 2819 W. 21st Pl
- Th, Feb 6, 6–8pm, Dyett HS, 555 E. 51st St
- Sat, Feb 8, 11am–1pm, Clemente HS, 1147 N. Western Ave
Here's press coverage of last night from Chalkbeat Chicago: Chicago mulls how to reslice the school budget pie — but what about a bigger pie?Read more
New! Whole Child Committee meets Monday. SQRP is the focus.
The first meeting of the CPS Board Of Ed Whole Child Committee will be held on Mon, Jan 27, 5:30-7:30pm, at Englewood STEM HS. You can register or sign up to receive updates here. Here is the letter that came from board member Rome: English; Spanish. And from an email:
The focus on our first meeting will be on SQRP [School Quality Rating Policy] as the CPS seeks to engage community members to create a policy that is more responsive to stakeholders.
Recommended SQRP reading before attending the Whole Child Committee meeting:
Chalkbeat Chicago June 26, 2019: Chicago school board approves new school ratings scale despite complaints and confusion and July 9, 2019 Chicago is changing its elementary school ratings. Here’s why educators are watching closely.Read more