On Friday, CPS released their School Reopening 2020: Preliminary Framework.Read more
Today we released the results of our CPS parent survey conducted in May. In our report, Parent Perspectives on CPS Remote Learning and Back to School, we share parent reactions to the spring 2020 remote learning experience and parent recommendations for the CPS back to school plan. You can read the full report here.Read more
Thank you for visiting our Summer 2020: COVID-19 Resources page. We are sharing the latest on school reopening guidelines, FAQ docs, and other relevant links for parents. (Updated Aug 6, 8:30PM)
There are more updates below under "Illinois"Read more
We hope that you & your family are well. A few things we want to highlight at the top of our weekly newsletter:
NEW! Unemployment Assistance
The State of Illinois has expanded its eligibility criteria for its Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) Program to include parents and guardians who have been unable to work due to child care needs. More information can be found here.Read more
We hope that you & your family are well. We are hoping for sun this upcoming long holiday weekend! ☀️ A few things we want to highlight at the top of our weekly newsletter:
- We enjoyed this informative article from Hyde Park Herald about how a CPS Meal Site works as explained by a CPS lunchroom manager. Worth a read: Hundreds of meals distributed every day at Ray School: 'We don't ask questions. We'll just give you whatever you ask for'
- RYH webpage: CPS Grab & Go Meal Sites: Basics + Sites + Delivery Form
- Expanded SNAP benefits (Pandemic EBT or P-EBT) applications available here. Families can participate in both P-EBT & any meal distribution program currently available at their school. Flyers in English & Spanish.
Chicago COVID Resource Finder | Text "covid" to 312-436-2280 to access via phone.Read more
This Week in Ed 5.14.20: Survey: Still open! Check our map, let's reach more parents! #RemoteLearning
We hope that you & your family are healthy and safe. This newsletter is brief. Information overload + foggy brain = here’s what you need to know this week:
- Thanks to the 1000+ parents at 281 schools who have already completed our RYH Remote Learning Survey.
- Does your school have respondents?
- Do you have parent contacts at a school with no or only one respondent?
- Is there a school or neighborhood Facebook group or discussion board where you can post our survey & encourage parents to take it?
This Week in Ed 5.7.20: #RemoteLearning RYH Parent Survey + Grading Policy Controversy | Teacher Appreciation Week! 🍎
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! Teachers, now more than ever, we parents appreciate all that you do! We see you teachers- your hard work and dedication PLUS all the extras you are doing right now to ensure your students and their families are healthy, safe, engaged, and connected to your classroom and school community. Thank you. You make a difference every day. 🍎Read more