Dear RYH Subscriber,
We know you are someone who cares deeply about quality public education for all, that’s why we are contacting you today. We need your help!
To continue connecting parents citywide to advocate for thriving neighborhood schools and policies that put children first, Raise Your Hand needs your financial support. We count on people like you to help fund our modest budget.
We are asking you to contribute $10 per month—or whatever gift you can afford today—so that we can sustain our current level of effort. By exceeding that level, we can increase the staff time needed for the time-intensive research and organizing that empowers us all.
Since its inception, Raise Your Hand has worked tirelessly on behalf of children and communities to:
- Shed light on standardized testing practices and over-testing, including the upcoming PARCC tests with our Park the PARCC campaign
- Analyze and share information on CPS and state policies to a wide network of parents and engage them to become advocates
- Create tools for parents to advocate including infographics, petitions, etc
- Advocate for recess at all Chicago Public Schools
- Advocate for a fully-funded, broad curriculum, not just a longer school day
- Advocate against the elimination of special education class size limits
- Provide research-backed framework for parents on quality education
- Host town-hall meetings and small parent-group meetings across the city
- Provide a strong parent voice to the media for education-related stories
A strong public school system is at the heart of a strong vibrant democracy. We need your support to continue our important work. Please consider making a one-time donation today or a monthly gift of an amount that is appropriate for you.
Raise Your Hand for Illinois Public Education