We have compiled a list of resources that were shared by Parents, Teachers, and Clinicians in the various SpEd Community video meetings we have had since the COVID-19 school closures. Please share links to any other resources you may have to email@example.com and we will add them.
***NOTE the NEW TIME.... RYH is hosting weekly Special Ed Parents & Supporter Zoom calls:
RYH Zoom VIDEOS
RYH Zoom NOTES
From CPS ODLSS' Parent Involvement Specialist Team
Though our children with disabilities have IEPs reflecting their diverse and individual needs, the concerns, suggestions, and possible resources listed below were named as part of a general discussion. With the school closure, our children face added barriers to access the services set out in their IEPs. Depending on your child’s individual needs, the list below may or may not apply to them, but it contains a general rundown of what we discussed during the three community calls RYH has hosted thus far.
- Family Resource Center on Disabilities
Equip for Equality
- Your Special Education Rights During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Contact our Helpline at 1-866-KIDS-046 (1-866-543-7046) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- JCFS Legal Advocacy Center
- Legal Council for Health Justice
Completing/Organizing/Supporting School Work
- Sample Schedule developed by CPS Teacher with parent input: Holistic teaching model (includes exercise, art, chores, academics, etc.) Sample Schedule developed by CPS Teacher
- Emergency Home School Kit from the Autism Helper
- Free 30-day trial to Boardmaker Online
- Explore artistic expression by creating art, dancing, enjoying music, going on virtual museum tours, etc.
- Possible Accommodations/Modifications for Academic Work
- Work on skills for your child with Dyslexia - Illinois State Dyslexia HANDBOOK
Keeping Track of Remote Learning
- Classroom Work Plan to keep track of work completed daily and weekly
- Legal Council for Health Justice’s Tips for Protecting Your Child’s IEP Services During COVID-19 in English and Spanish
- Equip for Equality Your Special Education Rights During the COVID-19 Pandemic, which includes links to a Remote Learning Tracking Form and Sample Record Keeper
Social/Emotional Well Being
- Blog post written by teacher Olivia Mulcahy: Care IS the Curriculum
- Short video explaining mindfulness practices: Mind the Bump: Mindfulness Practices
- Read alouds for social-emotional learning
- For adults and children managing anxiety.
- ISBE Mental Health Resources
Links to Guidance on the COVID-19 school shut down from CPS
- Coronavirus: Special Education Guidance for Diverse Learners
- CPS Remote Learning Packets w/Materials for Diverse Learners
- Special Education Guidance to Remote Learning Procedures, Standards & Instructional Quality in English and Spanish
- Supplemental Remote Learning Resources for Diverse Learners
- Coronavirus: CPS TV | CTU's #WeStillTeach programming
- CPS Remote Learning Guide
CPS ODLSS Frequently Asked Questions re COVID-19 Shutdown 5/8/2020 English | Spanish
- Acceptable Use Policy: Acceptable Use Policy: Staff Policy
- Acceptable Use Policy: Acceptable Use Policy: Student Policy
Links to the most recent guidance on the COVID-19 school shut down from ISBE
ISBE Special Education FAQ- May 8, 2020
ISBE FAQ on Special Education During Remote Learning April 20, 2020
Links to the most recent guidance on the COVID-19 school shut down from USDOE
The above resource list as a Google doc that can be downloaded.
Webpage originally created 4.8.20.