Raise Your Hand for Illinois Public Education
Administration and Finance Assistant, hourly position equivalent to 40% FTE
Raise Your Hand for Illinois Public Education, a 501c3 non-profit, engages, informs and empowers parents to protect and strengthen public education for all children in Chicago and Illinois.
The Administration and Finance Assistant is responsible for office management, database management, fundraising and event support, and financial administration and support. The position is supervised by and reports to the Executive Director and works closely with contracted financial management firms.
The ideal candidate is passionate about public education and ready to work hard in a fast-paced not-for-profit workplace. This position will collaborate as needed with the Executive Director, the Communications & Outreach Director, and any consultants as well as volunteers and board members in order to facilitate the achievement of RYH strategic goals and objectives, as appropriate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain financial management/reporting software and systems to meet all guidelines, protocols and deadlines.
- Manage organizational cash flow, including monthly billing, income processing and reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reimbursements and other assigned tasks.
- Issue checks (with authorized signature) and pay invoices
- Deposit checks and other funds in designated accounts
- Maintain database of receipts and donations in Nationbuilder database and Dropbox
- Manage platforms such as Network for Good and Benevity
- Assist the Executive Director with the annual tax (990) filing and/or audit process, as assigned
- Assist the Executive Director with annual budgeting and planning process, as assigned
- Present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner at least monthly or as requested by Executive Director
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain office facilities and administrative functions to ensure efficient, compliant and consistent operations
- Maintain up-to-date files of the organization’s electronic and physical documents, files and records
- Provide administrative support for programs, events, and meetings as assigned
- Schedule programs, events, and meetings, and reserve space as needed
- Prepare materials (e.g., attendance lists, sign-in sheets, supplies, copies)
- Prepare and copy documents for board meetings
- Utilize database to support planning, analysis, and reporting
- Manage organization’s administrative, finance, and reporting calendars, and support meeting key deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
COMPETENCIES The ideal candidate has:
- Financial, administrative and operations management experience, ideally in a 501c3
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Dropbox, QuickBooks, GoogleSuite, Nationbuilder, database spreadsheets and internet research
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to set priorities and work efficiently and flexibly to meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively carry out instructions provided in written or oral form
Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work with others in a multi-disciplinary and collaborative environment, both internally and externally
- Ability to work with a wide array of people from diverse backgrounds
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Dedication to the mission of RYH
- Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use
- Position requires an average of 16 hours a week with occasional night and weekend hours, with flexibility to meet employee and organization’s needs
- Position must work at downtown office at least once a week and more if necessary to fulfill duties.
COMPENSATION $23/hour; 16 hours per week expected on average
Email a brief statement about your interest in the position and a copy of your resume, or a list of your experience and qualifications, to Joy Clendenning, Interim Executive Director, email@example.com.
RYH is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team. RYH is an equal opportunity employer.