The LSCs.4.ALL coalition's LSC summit is for current and potentially interested in running LSC members. We will have a panel session and 4 workshops for how to make more engaged and effective LSCs. The objective of the panel is to provide historical background and national perspective on school governance and to address the limitations of advisory LSCs. The 4 workshops include:
1) "LSC On Track: A Deep Dive on Budget, CIWP Monitoring, and Principal Evaluation”,
2) "Winning Your Race: LSC Elections",
3) "Fighting for Systemic Change: Organizing for the LSC Empowerment Bill", and
4) “What is an LSC exactly? LSC 101".
This free event is organized by the LSCs.4.All Coalition. Our goal is to provide access to information, training and strategy while building unity and collaboration around ways to improve a systemic vehicle for voice.
Members of the LSCs.4.All Coalition: Lugenia Burns Hope Center, Kenwood Oakland Community Organization (KOCO), Pilsen Alliance, Chicago United for Equity (CUE), Blocks Together, Northside Action for Justice, Chicago Teachers Union (CTU), and Raise Your Hand for Illinois Public Education (RYH.)
- January 25, 2020 at 10am – 2pm
Chicago Teachers Union
1901 W Carroll Ave
Chicago, IL 60612
Google map and directions