Raise Your Hand is in the process of developing resources to support LSCs and LSC members while in office. Possibilities include best practices and tools related to budget oversight, principal evaluation, and school improvement plan. Please take our survey (temporarily closed) to let us know what resources you would like to see, and to help us connect LSC members citywide.
LSC CONNECTION GOOGLE GROUP
A discussion forum for current LSC members. To join, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, school served, and LSC representative type.
IMPORTANT CPS WEB LINKS TO INFORM AND EMPOWER YOUR LSC*:
- LSC Relations - LSC facilitators: https://cps.edu/lscrelations/Pages/aboutuslsc.aspx
- LSC Training Portal: http://cpslsctrainingportal.com/
- LSC Reference Guide in English: https://www.cps.edu/globalassets/cps-pages/about/local-school-councils-lscs/lscreferenceguide_english2018_2020.pdf
- LSC Reference Guide in Spanish: https://cps.edu/SiteCollectionDocuments/LSCReferenceGuide_Spanish2018_2020.pdf
- Office of LSC Relations Staff List: https://www.cps.edu/about/local-school-councils/lsc-staff/
- CPS Financial Information: http://www.cps.edu/finance/Pages/financialinfo.aspx
- CPS Contracts & Procurement: http://cps.edu/procurement/Pages/procurement.aspx
- CPS Employee Position Files: http://cps.edu/About_CPS/Financial_information/Pages/EmployeePositionFiles.aspx
School Profiles: https://cps.edu/Schools/Find_a_school/Pages/findaschool.aspx
Enter your school’s name, click on the link, and then click on the link for the “downloads” section (examples are for Healy ES):
- My School My Voice Survey: http://schoolreports.cps.edu/Parent-Guardian_Surveys_2017/HEALY_609979_MVMSParentSurveyResults_2017.pdf
- CIWP: http://schoolreports.cps.edu/CIWP_2016_2018/609979-healy-plan-2017_04_28.pdf
- Asbestos report: http://schoolreports.cps.edu/AsbestosInspectionReport_2016/23651%20-%20Robert%20Healy%20School%20-%20Healy%20School.pdf
- Facility Assessment: http://schoolreports.cps.edu/Assessment_PDF_Detail_2015/3880D.pdf
- Enter your school’s name, click on the link, and then click on the link for the “downloads” section (examples are for Healy ES):
- CPS Data Portal (for SQRP, suspension/expulsion data, school achievement data, enrollment and demographic data: http://cps.edu/schooldata/Pages/SchoolData.aspx
- SQRP Info: https://cps.edu/Performance/Pages/PerformancePolicy.aspx
- Principal Evaluation Rubric: https://cps.edu/principalevaluation/Documents/PrincipalEvaluationRubric.pdf
*Put together by Sarah Rothschild, CTU
POWERPOINT: A Deep Dive on Budget, CIWP Monitoring, and Principal Evaluation at LSC Summit 2020
LSC Summit hosted by LSCs.4.All Coalition, January 25, 2020
Session leaders: Sarah Rothschild, Chicago Teachers Union; Jianan Shi, Raise Your Hand
Program session includes knowing what to ask of your principal.
Download here (pdf) or view below.