Join us via car or on foot for a caravan or a physically distant march and rally on Wednesday, June 24, 12PM! This coincides with the monthly meeting of the CPS Board of Education. This is part of a national day of action, #EdEquityorElse. The Facebook event page is here. Sign up to participate and to receive more info here! Some details on this event are below.
Two Starting Points:
- Car caravan will assemble near Dearborn & Harrison
- March will assemble at Federal Plaza, Adams & Dearborn
Sign up to participate & get updates:
More details here:
- Facebook Event page
- Join us on the Facebook event page for a live virtual press conference Tues, June 23, 12PM, to learn more
- Join us on the Facebook event page for a live stream of the Wed, June 24, caravan and march, noon
- Obey all traffic laws at all times while in the caravan.
- Caravan & march participants should follow instructions of the event's marshals.
- Wear a mask. Practice physical distancing. Take other necessary precautions.
Ways to support from home:
- Follow the hashtags: #EdEquityOrElse #PoliceFreeSchools #BlackLivesMatter
- Post on your personal social media using these hashtags & joining the call for safely reopening schools that are police free and with all the requirements to keep students & educators healthy (small class sizes; masks; PPE; nurses; social workers; etc.)
- Watch a stream of the event on the Facebook event page starting at noon, Wed, June 24
- Feel free to use anything in this thread of tweets or from this Facebook post. Tag us! @ILRaiseYourHand
- Bonus! The CPS Board of Ed meets Wed, June 24. That meeting starts at 10:30AM. You can watch the live stream on the CPS YouTube channel.
Current sponsors list: Black Lives Matter Chicago, Brighton Park Neighborhood Council, Chicago Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression, Chicago Teachers Union, Cook County College Teachers Union, #CopsOutCPS, Grassroots Collaborative, Journey for Justice Alliance, Kenwood Oakland Community Organization, Lugenia Burns Hope Center, Northside Action for Justice, Parents 4 Teachers, Pilsen Alliance, Raise Your Hand, SEIU Local 73, Southside Together Organizing for Power, Teachers for Social Justice, United Working Families
- June 24, 2020 at 12pm – 2pm