Possible strike(s) update below.
Possible Strike(s) Update
We continue to update our 2019 Possible CTU/SEIU Strike: Resources for Parents + FAQs web page. Some highlights from this page:
- Currently, we have 20+ strike camps and organizations who are hosting students and providing activities for students. Please note that there are various fees, various times, and various ages served. If we are missing something on this list, please share it with us: email@example.com.
- We are also updating this page (in the "Parent FAQs" section) with contract negotiation news. Here are several articles which are being updated frequently & which would provide an update from yesterday:
- Chalkbeat Chicago is #TrackingTheContract in this article (beginning July 25.)
- WBEZ: Chicago Teachers Strike 2019: Live Updates (beginning October 14)
- Sun-Times: Chicago teacher contract talks: Will they strike? The latest on the CPS-CTU negotiations (beginning October 14)
- WBEZ explores the issues in this article.
- We also link to the CPS Contingency Plan. Please note that you need to register your child. CPS provides FAQs.
What are ways to show support for our teachers and support staff?
- Every Tuesday, Parents 4 Teachers does a call in to the mayor. Information can be found here in this Facebook event.
- Check out what Thorp ES is doing: We Stand with Thorp Teachers and Staff. The Facebook event page invites parents and students to "Wear red and bring your signs, noise-makers and enthusiasm! Wellness Committee members will be at the school on the picket line with teachers starting at 7:30 am." We have seen several schools now doing the same as Thorp. Thanks, Thorp ES community for sharing!
Worth a read
Do you like this post?